B E A M - R o b o t i c s - T e k
Biology - Electronics - Aesthetics - Mechanics
Main | Electonics | FAQ's | Definitions | Solar engine | Nervous Networks | Advanced Nervous Networks | Motor drivers | Miscellaneous | Links
- The official BEAM Robotics site at Los Alamos National Laboratories (LANL). This also describes the BEAM philosophy, with papers and pictures. An excellent way to build ROBUST walkers based on a robocentric survivalist mentality.
- Solarbotcs - Great inexpensive kits and BEAM parts to teach you the basic skills to build a ecosystem of robots. Nice picture archive of BEAM robotics.
- AM Inovations - Great explaination of microcores, and lots of other great information - a must see!
- PiTronics - An example of building a photovore and a walker (Spider).
- Ivar Thorson's BEAM page
- Drops of Consciousness
- Greg Denehy's BEAM Page
- Control of Stepping Motors, a tutorial
- Sensors (from the HandyBoard) - http://lcs.www.media.mit.edu/groups/el/Projects/handy-board/sensors/index.html
- Robot kits and walkers
- Randal D. Beer's robots
- The Cool Robot Project and Machine Learning Exploration page.
- The Nelson Lab Hexapod project page.
- Parallax - Makers of BASIC Stamp .
- Dynalloy - makers of Flexinol, a nitinol-based shape memory alloy actuator wire
- Hacking a Servo by Kevin Ross
- Darwin Among the Machines by George Dyson
- Express PCB
NeuroScience and Biology related sites
- How Insects See, Hear, and Smell - http://www.ento.vt.edu/Courses/Undergraduate/IHS/ENT2004/Senses.html
- Crustacean Neuroscience
- Vision Chips or Seeing Silicon (main)
- Small biological neural circuits by Stephen Dunn
- The NSF Workshop on Neuromorphic Engineering (mark sleeping - up too late,... at Telluride 97)
- Neuron Emulation List
- Neural Control of a Mobile Robot
- Neurosciences On The Internet
- A very informative site on Model Systems in Neuroethology, with neural models of Lobster's chewing mechanisms, walking & escape behavior of the American Cockroach, acoustic models in Moths and swimming behavior of Medicinal Leeches (with much more).
- General evolution directories
- Invertebrate Vision - http://cvs.anu.edu.au/ann_rep93/invert.html
- Insect Biology and Ecology: A Primer - http://www.nysaes.cornell.edu/ent/biocontrol/info/primer.html
- Natural Intelligence in Artificial Creatures
- Passive Dynamic Walking
- Artificial Muscles
Copyleft 1996-1998, Brian O. Bush
Brian O. Bush / email@example.com
Updated: Oct. 25th, 1998